DYMO Labeling’s New Printer Designed with the Channel in Mind
Versatile, efficient DYMO LabelWriter™ SE 450 expands portfolio for customized solutions
Atlanta, Ga., Nov. 3, 2010 — DYMO® Labeling, part of Newell Rubbermaid’s Technology global business unit, has expanded its product portfolio for DYMO Labeling Solutions with the launch of a professional label printer designed especially for its customers.
The new DYMO LabelWriter™ SE 450 – which is featured on DYMO’s online partner portal – is a “smart” label printer, enabling the user to integrate high-quality label printing into any custom application running on Windows, Mac®, Linux or embedded platforms. A perfect fit for any work environment, the SE 450 supports serial and USB connectivity and combined with LabelWriter Print Sever, it allows multiple workstations to share a printer through a shared network.
According to Lisa Howe, Marketing Director DYMO Labeling, the SE 450 is an attractive addition to the suite of products offered by DYMO. Value-Added Resellers (VARs) and integrators are offered a combination of DYMO products, resources and support that provide useful, high-quality solutions that address real customer problems.
“Fast, versatile, compatible and efficient, the SE 450 has a number of innovative features that should appeal to our partners and – of course – their customers,” said Howe. “Its launch is indicative of how DYMO solutions can fit perfectly into larger, integrated product and service solutions across numerous industries.”
A key advantage of the SE 450 is the accompanying DYMO Software Development Kit (SDK), which integrates DYMO printing into any Windows, Mac® or Linux application. For example, DYMO SDKs have integrated into customer systems to print shipping labels from order entry systems, print barcode labels from inventory control applications, print patient file folder labels and bar codes from medical office and practice management software, and print badges from visitor and seminar management programs. Other highlights of the SE 450 include:
- Fits in virtually any work environment, due to compact size
- Includes 26 built-in barcode symbologies
- Supports user-definable page height, print density, positioning and orientation
- Includes five internal fonts, each printable in regular, double-height, double-width and double-height/double-width
- Prints all standard ASCII characters plus foreign characters for Western Europe
- Accepts bitmap data for printing graphics
- Prints labels up to 269 mm long and 57 mm wide
For more information about the SE 450 or to become a DYMO Reseller, visit our partner portal at www.dymo.com/var.
About Newell Rubbermaid Global Business and Technology Solutions
DYMO is the master brand name for the Newell Rubbermaid Global Technology Solutions portfolio. In a world that demands greater productivity and measures it at every opportunity, DYMO provides businesses, educational institutions and consumers with innovative and easy ways to share, manage and organize information with improved efficiency and satisfaction.
Our DYMO global technology brands are organized into four solutions:
- DYMO® / Labeling Identification Solutions include DYMO hand-held label makers, PC connected label and postage printers, plus Industrial labeling tools (www.dymo.com).
- DYMO™ / CardScan® Contact Management Solutions include CardScan business card scanners and contact management software (www.cardscan.com).
- DYMO™ / Endicia® Postage Technologies include Endicia online shipping and mailing services (www.endicia.com), as well as customized postage (www.pictureitpostage.com).
- DYMO™ / Mimio® ITT (Interactive Teaching Technologies) include Mimio interactive whiteboard technology, digital ink recorders, document cameras, student response systems and engaging lesson plan content (www.mimio.com).
These global technology brands complement Newell Rubbermaid’s strong portfolio of global brands, which also includes Rubbermaid®, Sharpie®, Graco®, Calphalon®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Levolor®, Paper Mate®, Waterman®, Parker®, Goody®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products® and Aprica®.